As an environmentally-aware-beauty-addict, I am always psyched to hear about a company that delivers top-quality products that are ethical, and also environmentally friendly.
The company Dr Bronner is dedicated to the preservation of this planet, and to the protection of the animals on it. It goes without saying therefore, that none of their products have been tested on animals! They are also completely fair trade, which is just, so awesome! Why can’t more companies be like this?
The oils, and essential oils they use, are all certified organic, to the National Organic Standards Program, and their liquid soaps are packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles!
Their unique liquid soaps are fast reaching an iconic status in the UK, as a cult buy! Their retro, bright packaging is what initially allures the buyers, and then the fantastic quality of their products, along with value for money, keeps the customers coming back for more!
You only need a few drops at a time, so a bottle will last you quite a while! The prices range from £1.50 for a 59ml bottle, to £4 for a 237ml bottle! Which is simply excellent value, especially considering the quality, and it’s organic status.
The soaps come in Almond, Lavender, Eucalyptus, Citrus, Rose, Peppermint, Tea Tree, Green Tea and Baby Mild, varieties. With exception to the Baby Mild, the liquid soaps have such a strong appealing scent, that makes you want to use it right away! When I first smelt their liquid soaps I imagined it would leave an overpowering smell on the skin after use, but I was very wrong, the smell becomes a beautiful, delicate aroma after bathing.
They work really well, too! Sometimes one may assume organic means less effective, but that is SO not true! (Mums and Dads note: these soaps clean even the grubbiest of knees!)
These soaps are special – they can be used in a variety of ways, hence the name, ‘Dr Bronner’s 18 in 1 Pure Castile Soap’. Some of the 18 in 1 uses are thought to be;
Dr. Bronner’s version:
- Always dilute for Shave-Shampoo-Massage-Dental Soap-Bath!
- Peppermint is nature’s own unsurpassed fragrant Deodorant!
- A drop is best Mint Toothpaste; brushes Dentures Clean!
- A dash in water is the ideal Breath Freshener & Mouth Wash!
- Peppermint Oil Soap for Dispensers, Uniforms, Baby, Beach!
- Dilute for ideal After Shave, Body Rub, Foot Bath, Douche.
- Hot Towel-Massage the entire body, always towards your heart.
- Pets, silk, wool & body tingles head to toe – keeps cool!
- 3 dashes in water rinse most Sprays Off fruit & vegetables!
- 1/4 oz in qt H2O is Pest Spray! Dash, no rash Diaper-Soap!
- For everyday body-washing: Get wet and pour soap full-strength onto hands-washcloth-loofah. Lather up, scrub down, rinse off, and tingle fresh & clean.
- For other uses, dilute from one part soap into 40 parts water for light cleaning, to cutting it in half or using it full strength for heavy-duty grease-cutting jobs.
- For shampoo, though we now recommend our new Shikakai soaps for this, many people are fond of using it as such. The method of application is to wet hair and scalp very thoroughly, squirt some soap into hands and work into a lather. Wash hair, then rinse well. Afterwards use our new citrus hair rinse and leave-in conditioners as directed.
- For the laundry, use 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup for one regular load; adjust as needed depending on hardness of water. I’ve been told that adding a dash of baking soda makes it even better.
- For toothbrushing, apply a drop or two of Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soap to a wet toothbrush. Brush as you normally would, rinsing accordingly. Be careful about using more than a couple drops of soap, as you might start foaming at the mouth. Many people with sensitive or softer teeth like to use our soap as a toothpaste because it lacks abrasives.
Dr Bronner Liquid Soaps are unlike any liquid soap I have used before! Their lather is just so smooth and sumptuous! It nourishes the skin as it works, and leaves soft, refreshed and incredibly CLEAN skin behind! Fabulous! The Dr Bronner UK website explains why these liquid soaps work so well;
“A combination of organic extra virgin coconut, olive, jojoba and hemp oils, together with pure essential oils, creates a unique soap that cleans effectively without being aggressive and produces a velvety-lather that leaves the skin silky-smooth and refreshed.”
My favourite liquid soap is the Lavender option.
On the Dr Bronner UK site it describes the Lavender Liquid Soap as;
“A relaxing fragrance for tired and stressed-out souls lavender calms the nerves and soothes the body. Perfect just before bedtime or to start your day out with a tranquil peace of mind.”
These Dr Bronner’s Magic Soaps 18-in-1 Pure Castile Soap get a magical 10 out of 10 lipsticks!
Photo Credits: Dr Bronner